Dhaka Bank Limited has established the ‘Government Securities Investment Window’ to facilitate various government securities, OTC (Over the Counter) and primary/ secondary transactions undertaken by any DBL customer. ‘Government Securities Investment Window’ has been formed for smooth running and speedy servicing of Govt. Securities transactions of the Bank.
Who Can Buy Government Securities (GSEC): Bangladeshi individuals and institutions (e.g Banks, non-bank financial institutions, Insurance Companies, Mutual Funds, pension fund and Corporate bodies), Nonresident individuals and institutions can also buy Treasury bill and Bond.
Investable Amount: Minimum Taka 1.00 Lac or any multiple amounts of Taka 1.00 Lac.
Investor’s Rate of Return: Investor will receive coupons semiannually against Treasury bond. Treasury bonds can be purchased at discount, or face value/at par, or at premium depending on the market yield scenario. Upon maturity, investor will get the face value. Treasury Bills are zero coupon bonds as one can buy at discount and receive face value amount on maturity. Investor’s rate of return will be represented by yield of the securities.
Current Products: 14days, 91days, 182days, and 364days Treasury Bills and 2Yr, 5Yr 10Yr, 15Yr, & 20Yr Treasury Bonds are available. If available, customers can be provided with the product of broken tenor.
How we serve through this window:
- Provide information of coupon/ yield and investment procedure potential or prospective customers.
- Take proper initiatives to open Business Participants (BP) accounts of individuals and institutional customers.
- Provide necessary advice to open Bank account for ensuring overall transaction security, sale-buy of govt. securities and faster payment of coupon and principal payment on maturity.
- Ensure buy-sale transaction successfully depending on customer’s requisition.
- Ensure payment/ receive of coupon, principal and trading activities efficiently.
Please feel free to contact us in following address:
|Name of the Officials||Designation||Contact Phone No.||Email Address||Division / Branch||Address|
|Mohammad Ashraful Huq||First Vice President||88-02-8832934, firstname.lastname@example.org||Treasury Division||Dhaka Bank Limited, Gulshan Head Office, 3rd Floor, CWS(C)-10, Bir Uttam A K Khandakar Road, Gulshan, Dhaka|
|Mohammad Emel Bhuiyan||Senior Principal Officer||88-02-8832934, email@example.com||Treasury Division|
|Munshi Mahmudur Rahman||Principal Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Gulshan Corporate Branch||Dhaka Bank Limited, Gulshan Corporate Branch, CWS(C)-10, Bir Uttam A K Khandakar Road, Gulshan, Dhaka.|