TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DHAKA BANK NANO SAVINGS SCHEME (NSS)
- “DBL” or “the Bank” refers to Dhaka Bank Limited.
- “bKash Limited” or “bKash” is a mobile financial service (MFS) provider which will work for collection and disbursement agent of the Bank’s Nano Savings Scheme.
- “Dhaka Bank Nano Savings Scheme (NSS)” refers to the Bank’s savings scheme where the Customer can deposit money in fixed installments within a pre-determined period in his/her NSS or deposit account managed with the Bank only through his/her bKash account.
- “Customer” means a person who deposits money in the Bank to open and operate a NSS account with the Bank through his/her own bKash account.
- “Premature Encashment” shall mean encashment of deposit any time before the date of maturity as specified in this Bank’s Terms & Conditions for Nano Savings scheme.
- Any Bangladeshi having a valid and operative bKash account may be considered eligible by the Bank to open an account with the Bank for Nano Savings Scheme.
3. Minimum Period
- Minimum period for the NSS is 2 (two) years.
4. Minimum deposit installment amount
- Minimum installment amount for the NSS is BDT 500.
5. Installment collection
- All deposit installments will be collected via bKash (the MFS) from Customer’s bKash Account through which the deposit account was opened. The Customer hereby irrevocably authorizes/instructs DBL to debit his/her bKash account for depositing the installment amount on each installment date to the account maintained with the Bank for NSS subject to the availability of sufficient fund at the Customer’s bKash account.
- Deposit installments will be collected as per installment payment plan selected by the Customer.
6. Method of withdrawal of NSS deposit amount
In the following cases the Customer will be able to withdraw his/her NSS deposit amount
- On maturity
- On Premature
7. Interest Rates
The interest rate will remain fixed for the entire tenure of NSS. Interest will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the NSS.
Simple interest shall be applied on the principal amount under NSS and become due and payable on the maturity or on an earlier date/Premature Encashment as per the following schedule:
As per the NSS product feature, the deposit account cannot be cancelled/encashed within 3 months of opening.
|Mature or premature encashment||Total Amount to be paid at the time of encashment|
|Less than 1 year||Only the principal amount after realizing excise duty (if applicable)|
|More than 1 year but less than 2 years||Principal + interest on principal at 3% or rate as set by the Bank from time to time after deducting Income Tax on Interest earned and Excise duty|
|From 2 to less than 4 years||Matured value of preceding tenure + principle for remaining months after considered maturity (if any) + interest on principle for remaining months after considered maturity at 3% or rate as set by the Bank time to time after deducting Income Tax on Interest earned and Excise duty|
8. Payment at Maturity/Premature Encashment/Auto renewal
- At maturity, after necessary deduction of all applicable dues, charges and taxes, both principal amount along with interest (if applicable) will be paid to the Customer. Payment will be made using bKash channel. No cash will be paid to the Customer. Payments will be made to any of the following accounts:
- The Customer’s bKash account through which NSS account was opened under normal
- The nominee’s bKash account at the demise of the Customer.
- In case where bKash Account becomes inoperative/blocked and there is no regulatory bar/ restriction imposed by any court of law, tribunal etc. with regard to transfer of payment, payment shall be made to the Customer’s bank account through Electronic Fund Transfer or Account Payee Cheque or to be deposited to the Customer’s current/savings account with the Bank upon Customer’s request for it.
- The deposits under NSS is non-renewable. Neither there shall be any option for auto renewal/auto-rollover nor shall NSS be available for renewal at the maturity upon the Customer’s instructions.
- An account holder may close NSS any time through his/her bKash app or any other platform of bKash after 3 months of opening the NSS. In case of Premature Encashment, request will be processed within 48 hours of receiving the request if all the required information is available. In such case, Customer will be entitled to interest accumulated up until the previous day, if applicable as per the premature encashment criteria and after deduction of all other applicable dues, charges, TAX, excise duty, etc.
- In cases where encashment cannot be performed due to causes outside the Bank’s control such as blocking of bKash accounts or regulatory instruction etc., the encashment amount will be kept with the Bank until the issues are resolved or the Customer contacts the Bank with proper documents. However, Customer shall not be entitled to receive any further interest beyond the maturity/instructions date, whichever is earlier.
9. Loan Facility
Customers may opt for availing loan facilities against Nano Savings Scheme from the Bank subject to the prior approval of the Bank. In case the Customer is granted with loan facilities against NSS, then the Nano Savings Scheme will be marked lien against the loan and if the Customer wishes to encash the Nano Savings Scheme before or after the maturity s/he needs to settle the loan first either by her/his own source or by the proceeds of NSS. In case of default the Bank has the right to settle/adjust the loan with the amount of Nano Savings Scheme. If the loan cannot be settled with the amount of NSS, the Bank has the right to set off rest of the amount from her/his other account/deposit with the Bank. Any remaining amount after settling the loan, will be credited to Customer’s bKash account.
1. Account holder(s) must nominate one person as NOMINEE for each account through bKash while opening the account. Customer needs to put NID number and date of birth of the nominee while completing the account opening.
2. The nomination will be cancelled if the nominee dies during the tenure of the NSS. The account holder in such case will assign a new nominee through bKash. The account holder, from bKash interface, may change the nominee any time before the maturity of the NSS.
3. In the event of the account holder’s death, his/her nominee will not be allowed to continue the account and the amount deposited along with the interest earned (if any considering the premature encashment criteria) after deduction of AIT and Excise Duty (if applicable) prior to the death of the account holder shall be paid to the nominee in his/her bKash account after proper identification by bKash and the Bank.
4. In case where there is no nominee due to the death of the nominee, a Succession Certificate from the appropriate court will be required for releasing the balance amount by his/her successor after the death of the account holder. In that case the deposit will be provided in the bKash account of the heirs or their appointed representative.
11. Taxes and Levies
1. Tax will be deducted at source on interest earnings and will be at rates applicable as per the prevailing laws of Bangladesh. Currently the following deductions are applicable:
- Advance Income Tax (AIT): 10% of interest if proof of submission of tax return submitted otherwise 15% of interest will be deducted from maturity amount.
- Government excise duty will be deducted as per applicable rates on each deposit account as per prevailing laws and regulations.
2. Any other charges imposed by the Government, Regulator or any other relevant authority from time to time will be applicable on each deposit account.
The account of the Customer under NSS is not transferable or assignable to any other party by the Customer.
13. Fees & Charges
No fees & charges other than early/premature encashment charge, taxes and excise duties are applicable on NSS.
14. Customer Information
Though DBL maintains strict confidentiality in all affairs of the account, DBL shall always be entitled to disclose any information regarding Customers’ deposit accounts held with DBL to any of the following parties:
- Any regulatory, supervisory, governmental or quasi-governmental authority with jurisdiction over the Bank.
- Any person to whom the Bank is required to disclose information, as permitted by the laws of Bangladesh (in connection with its administration and business, for data information, transaction, document and records collection, processing and storage, fraud detection or prevention, suspicious activities, audit, inspection, provision of services by any third party, debt collection), or authorized by law or court order to make disclosure.
15. Right to Change
DBL reserves the right to change or amend any of the terms & conditions mentioned above at any time without prior notice to Customer provided that during the subsistence of any NSS, no financial condition of the NSS will be changed.
If any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, in whole or in part under any enactment or rules of law, such term or provision or part thereof shall to that extent be deemed not to or part of this instrument but the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining terms or provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired or questionable thereby.
There shall be an authentic text of the Terms and Conditions in English and an authentic text of an authorized translation in Bengali provided that in the event of conflict between the Bengali and the English text, the English text shall prevail.
18. Governing laws and Dispute Resolution
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Bangladesh and the Customer hereby irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of law of Bangladesh.
1. In relation to any dealings in respect of deposit account of NSS, the Bank shall not be liable for any loss from the Customer’s death, incapacity or bankruptcy (or any other analogues event or proceeding). Further the Bank shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss, damage or delay attributable in whole or in part to the action of any government or government agency or any other event outside the Bank’s control (including without limitation, strikes, industrial instability, uproar, equipment failure or interruption of power supplies, etc.) provided that the Bank shall in each case endeavor to notify the Customer of any anticipated delays due to any of the above events once the Bank is in communication with the Customer.
2. The Customer shall release, indemnify and hold the Bank harmless from and against all the actions, suits, proceeding, cost, claims, demands, charges, expenses, losses and liabilities whatsoever arising in consequences of or in any way related to:
- The Bank having acted in good faith in accordance with Customer’s Telephone, Facsimile, Email, SMS instruction(s) as above may have been initiated or transmitted in error or fraudulently altered, misunderstood or distorted in the line of communication or transmission; and
- Customer’s failure to forward all authentic information to the Bank within such period as the Bank may
3.The Bank is authorized to communicate in any form with the Customer through given mailing address, email, facsimile or mobile number. In case of change in Customer’s contact details, Customer is responsible for updating the information with the Bank.
4. The Customer agrees and consents that he/she shall disclose all such information regarding substantial changes in his/her ﬁnancial position, address etc. to the Bank from time to time.
5. The Bank reserves the right to alter these Terms & Conditions at any time. The notification of such changes shall be uploaded in the website of the Bank. The changes shall be become effective and binding on the Customer immediately once it is uploaded/posted at dhakabankltd.com by the Bank. The Customer is responsible for keeping themselves updated on the latest Terms & Conditions.
6. The Customer has agreed that all actions made using the electronic communication channels are legally valid transactions that equal the written transactions and have similar legal consequences as the written documents signed by the parties.
7. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that the Bank will not be liable in any manner to the Customer or any other party claiming by, through or under the Customer for any loss or damages caused by or as a result of the action or omission of bKash or any third party.
8. The Customer irrevocably agrees that the Bank may transfer or sub-contract the provision of any part of the services provided to the Customer to any third party whether or not that third party operates in another jurisdiction or territory.
By clicking on the ACCEPT button on the bKash App, you irrevocably and unconditionally accept the Dhaka Bank Nano Savings Scheme Terms & Conditions for opening and maintaining the savings scheme and these Nano Savings Scheme Terms & Conditions will become a legally binding contract between the Bank and Yourself as the Customer.